Online reviews, you love them, you hate them. They are just words on a website that few people read, right? With at least 80% of new patients screening their doctors online these reviews are quickly becoming the major factor affecting the decision-making process of any patient who visits your practice.
So where do you start in the process of handling online reviews?
1) Claim Your Profiles
- Make sure you go on the physician-rating sites like Vitals, HealthGrades and RateMDs and claim your profiles or create profile pages. This will ensure your information is correct as these are some of the first sites that come up when patients search for a physician.
- Claim and update your profiles on all the major search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. You do NOT need to pay to update your profile, there are ways around this, so contact OCMS if you have any issues.
- Yelp is becoming extremely popular, almost like another social media site. Claim your profile, post pictures, office hours, add comments. The more your potential patients know about you, the more likely they are to book an appointment.
2) Ask Your Patients to Leave You Feedback
- Have your office staff ask patients to leave feedback on the online rating sites or make up a slip of paper to go with their receipt when they leave (add it to the receipt comments if possible) asking them to leave you a review.
3) Respond to Comments - Positive and Negative
- This is extremely important – respond professionally to both negative and positive comments. It shows your patients that you care about improving your service and their experience at your office.
- Take the comments and share with all of your staff. Make it a goal in your office to provide the patient experience that will help you achieve more positive comments. Positive comments not only mean your patients are being well taken care of, but also helps bring in more new patients.
- If your office staff does not have the time to devote to monitoring online reviews, there are Reputation Management tools that will help you with this.
OCMS can provide assistance in getting you started in handling online reviews and claiming your profiles online. Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to set up a consultation appointment – Cindy Dady, email@example.com or 248-773-4000.